FILE TYPES FOR QUOTING
File types – Silver City Aluminum can open the following files types.
- 2D Files – .dxf or .dwg (AutoCAD)
- 3D Files – .stp or .iges (Inventor, Solidworks, etc)
If our customer does not have any CAD software we can also open .pdf files (Adobe) and scanned documents that have the necessary dimensions needed to redraw the shape in CAD.
- Shape size – Silver City Aluminum can do almost any shape that is within a 7” diameter circle size.
- Standard Aluminum Tolerances (PPT file – PowerPoint)
- How to design Screw slots (PDF file)
- How to avoid surface defects (PDF file)
- How to design interlocking joints and snap-fit joints (PDF file)
- Mechanical Properties of our alloys (6063, 6005, and 6463) (PDF file)
- Standard packing methods (PDF file)