Aluminum as a material has become a widely used and versatile tool for producing both simple and complex shapes for manufacturing. Extruded aluminum, in particular, has many uses across multiple industries and can offer advantages that other materials cannot match. The benefits of aluminum products make it a very attractive material. There are many unique aluminum industry solutions that are helping to improve fuel economy, create more sanitary products for the medical field, and create custom applications that won’t work with other metals. Aluminum fabrication shops must have quality standards in place to ensure consistency and dependability for manufacturers.
Top Reasons to Choose Extruded Aluminum
In just a few minutes, you will understand why aluminum is such a big deal in manufacturing right now. The use of it has grown to stretch across just about every industry and has proven itself to be a significant asset, offering cost-effective and versatile opportunities for manufacturers. For those who are interested in environmentally-friendly manufacturing solutions, extruded aluminum more than fits that bill. It is 100 percent recyclable, can be used over and over again without losing any of its inherent qualities, and is the most commonly found metal on the planet. Highly sustainable and affordable, there seems to be no downside to choosing aluminum industry solutions for manufacturing consumer, commercial, and industrial products.
Other reasons to consider working with aluminum fabrication shops include:
- Highly Customizable – Through the use of extrusion, fabrication, and various finishing options, extruded aluminum can be customized to create product solutions that are not possible with other metals.
- Extremely Malleable – Easy to form, extrude, and machine into complex shapes; extruded aluminum can decrease lead times and streamline manufacturing to save time and money for manufacturers.
- Light Weight – Approximately one-third the weight of steel, iron, brass, and copper, yet with all of the strength necessary to be used in applications for transportation, automotive, marine, and construction industries, aluminum is a wonder material.
- Non-Toxic Metal – One of the most advantageous benefits of aluminum products is that they can be used in foodservice and medical fields due to their non-toxic nature.
- Non-Magnetic – This quality makes aluminum industry solutions perfect for electronics and other types of applications that require non-magnetic parts for optimum results.
- Reflective and Conductive – Perfect for situations when light or heat reflection is needed, yet conductive for dissipating heat, making it an excellent choice for heat shield applications in many different industries.
- Tight-Tolerances – The malleability of this amazing metal makes it perfect for extrusion by aluminum fabrication shops to achieve extremely tight-tolerances for precision.
- Natural Resistance to Corrosion – When aluminum comes in contact with the air, it creates a natural oxide layer that protects it against corrosion, making it a great choice for marine and other extreme environments.
- Cost-Effective – Compared to other similar metals in strength and conductivity, such as copper, aluminum is much more affordable and cost-effective to industry solutions while providing similar or even better results.
Other Benefits of Extruded Aluminum
While it might seem like there are already enough benefits of aluminum products to satisfy most manufacturers, there are still more. Extruded aluminum is also 100 percent recyclable, which means that it can be recycled indefinitely without losing its structural integrity and other inherent qualities mentioned in the above section. Studies reveal that nearly 75 percent of all the aluminum ever produced in the world is still in use in some way, shape or form today. Aluminum extrusion is very strong, offering a high tensile strength range. It is better in cold weather than steel, which can become brittle in extremely low temperatures. Aluminum actually increases its strength in the winter, becoming stronger as the temperature drops.
If you are ready to learn more about the benefits of aluminum products or create your own custom extruded aluminum design, contact Silver City Aluminum by calling 508-824-8631. We can answer any questions you might have about aluminum industry solutions, assist you in engineering development for a custom profile design, or offer details about the other services available at our aluminum fabrication shops in Taunton, Massachusetts. You can count on our many years of training, experience, and knowledge of the industry, as well as our state-of-the-art facility and equipment to help get you the results that you desire with custom aluminum extrusion manufacturing.