Aluminum is truly a wonder metal. It can be used to create standard or custom aluminum extrusion solutions for just about any industry. It is strong, yet light in weight. Aluminum is naturally resistant to corrosion, such as rust, and can be further enhanced through secondary operations and custom aluminum coating solutions. Silver City Aluminum does all of this work in-house at our one-stop shop extrusion and fabrication facility in Southeastern Massachusetts. We work with clients across the country and all around the globe, providing top quality extruded aluminum designed to meet or exceed each customer’s exact needs and specifications. Painting, powder-coating, and anodizing aluminum are by far the most effective and sought after finishing solutions. We can add these services to any order, customizing them according to your requirements.
Custom Painting Services
As with all of the other services we provide, our goal with custom aluminum coating solutions is to strive for perfection. To achieve this in our painting services, our focus is on providing a consistent color application, using top-rated adhesion, and industry leading techniques. Our paint line at Silver City Aluminum runs almost non-stop. Some customers prefer to paint their own material for a number of reasons, but it can be very cost-effective to have our professional crew take care of it for you before shipping.
- We start the process with a pre-treat finish. We use a four-stage system that includes an etch, a clean wash, a neutralizing wash, and then a standard pre-wash to guarantee excellent adhesion to the aluminum for long-lasting results.
- Our team uses a vertical electrostatic polycron line that can handle materials up to 21 feet in length. After the pre-wash, the parts are dried and ready to be painted.
- Paint is applied at approximately 2ml’s wet in thickness. Each part is constantly monitored by our team and checked throughout the process to ensure top quality results.
- Once the paint has been applied, the materials are cured through a baking process in one of our special ovens.
- Each piece is taken off the line by hand one at a time and inspected by our technicians before taking it to the shipping department.
- Once the parts arrive at shipping, they are quality control checked again for consistency to ensure that each product meets our high standards before they are packed and readied for delivery.
Another popular type of custom aluminum coating solutions that we provide to our customers for extruded aluminum is powder-coating. We work with several different powder coaters and anodizers to provide our customers with the look and texture that they require. This helps us to further increase lead time and ensure consistency and quality control. However, the actual lead time will depend on the part that is being finished and the formula that is used for powder-coating and anodizing aluminum.
The process involves the dying of short or long pieces. It can be applied with large and small-scale runs following the fabrication process. Our customers have a wide range of options to choose from for their aluminum extrusion solutions, including clear, black, and multi-color anodizing options. We also work with our clients to create custom aluminum coating solutions for extruded aluminum. Our customer service staff can walk you through all of the options and help you make a choice based on your unique needs and specifications for the project.
Quality Custom Aluminum Extrusion
Regardless of the industry that you work in or your goals for the finished product, our team of highly trained engineers and technicians can help you to maximize the return on your investment. We can provide you with insight and experienced guidance that you can use to your advantage. Whether you order standard or custom aluminum extrusion, we can provide top quality custom aluminum coating solutions to meet your needs. Choose from painting, powder-coating, and anodizing aluminum options to get the finished look and feel that you require. Give us a call at 508-542-7200 to speak with one of our agents or to start working with our engineering team for the design of your custom extruded aluminum parts, products, or components.