Manufacturers who work in the automotive, transportation, construction and even the New England marine industry, regularly count on aluminum products. When it comes right down to it, the advantages of using aluminum outweigh almost every other material when it comes to product design and assembly. It is practically perfect! Cost-effective, plentiful, strong and light-in-weight, aluminum can also be combined easily with other materials and is a good conductor of electricity. Aluminum also has a natural resistance to heat and corrosion, making it a great choice for many different types of aluminum industry solutions.
Readily Available Material
One of the most attractive features of aluminum is that it is the most common metal found in the Earth’s crust. Beyond that, due to its ability to be recycled over and over again without losing its inherent abilities, features and values, it is also the number one most recycled metal on the planet. Compared to all other elements found on Earth, aluminum is the third most common, ranked right after oxygen and silicon. In some way, shape or form, we use aluminum products each and every day and they are found across just about every single industry.
While most people think about aluminum drink cans or aluminum foil used in cooking, the advantages of using aluminum become even more clear when it comes to aluminum extrusion. Steel dies or profiles are designed to create a specific shape. Standard dies include solid or hollow tubes, angles, squares, rectangles and much more. Custom profiles can be anything that the client desires to fulfill a need in the automotive or New England marine industry, or simply as parts for consumer product assembly.
How Aluminum is Used
Aluminum can be found in airplanes, commercial trucks, fuel-efficient consumer vehicles, residential windows and doors, commercial building structures, personal watercraft, commercial fishing vessels and even warships for the military. You might wonder why aluminum products are so popular, beyond the reasons that were provided in the above paragraphs. Why would so many different industries rely on this metal for their parts, products and pieces?
- high strength-to-weight ratio, making it very strong and capable of being used across many different aluminum industry solutions, while saving weight to increase speeds, boost fuel economy, and make it cheaper to ship aluminum products around the globe
- easy to manufacture – aluminum is extremely malleable, which makes it ideal for standard and custom extrusion and other manufacturing methods; the advantages of using aluminum with regard to manufacturing makes it lower in cost to work with and can even provide faster results than other metals that may require more steps in fabrication and finishing
- conductivity – it was mentioned that aluminum is a good conductor of electricity, but what that means is that it is the idea choice for electronics, circuits and other solutions that require thermal conductivity to transfer heat or cold evenly across its surface; this is why aluminum cookware is all the rage and why aluminum industry solutions are often used in the HVAC industry
- 100 percent recyclable – the fact that aluminum products can be recycled over and over again without losing any of the inherent properties that provide the advantages of using aluminum is a really big deal; aluminum industry solutions are used in eco-friendly industries that work to reduce the carbon footprint of a project and reduce the stress on raw materials and the natural environment; aluminum products are often used in LEED certified projects as a result
- finishing options – in addition to the natural anti-corrosion nature found in aluminum, some manufacturers choose to increase the protection through the use of various finishing options, which can also have an aesthetic or functional effect; painting, powder-coating and anodizing, are just some of the ways to further increase the advantages of using aluminum
Why Choose Silver City Aluminum?
The team that you choose to help design and manufacture your aluminum products makes a big difference in the quality of the end result. Whether you are designing aluminum industry solutions for the New England marine industry or for automotive industry parts on the other side of the globe, Silver City Aluminum can deliver. We are dedicated to providing the very best standards of quality control and service to each and every client that we serve. Our goal is to meet or exceed the expectations of every client through the production of our aluminum products created through standard or custom extrusions, helping them to benefit from all the advantages of using aluminum. Contact us by phone at 508-542-7200 or visit our website to learn more about all of the professional services we provide.